Seniors Housing-Independent & Community Living
To apply for Seniors Housing, you will need to use Homemove, our choice based lettings system.
- If you are not registered with Homemove you need to complete an online housing application.
- If you are already signed up and have a Homemove number, you can make a bid on the Homemove website.
- For more information on applying for housing see our Homemove page for more information.
Seniors Housing is the name for Brighton & Hove City Council's sheltered housing service (sometimes known as retirement or warden assisted housing). Seniors Housing is a positive choice for older people who want to age well and participate in a sociable community. Seniors Housing is for rental only and not for sale
- List of Seniors housing schemes in the city
- Map showing locations of Seniors housing schemes in the city
With 22 schemes across the city, Seniors Housing can offer the following benefits:
- located in a variety of areas within the city
- a 'secure tenancy' with the privacy of your own front door and living space
- a scheme manager who can help residents remain independent, safe and happy
- a 24-hour emergency alarm that allows residents to call for help in an emergency
- a vibrant community so residents can sustain friendships and feel a sense of belonging and connectedness
- opportunities for residents to comfortably maintain or improve their health, care, resilience and well-being
- shared gardens and lounges where residents can sit and relax
- guest rooms where family and friends can stay for short visits
- laundry facilities
- pet-friendly housing (where listed)
- a wide selection of activities, some of which are open to non-residents.
If you would like any further information about the council's Seniors Housing service or a copy of our full service offer, please e-mail us at email@example.com