Resident involvement in Brighton & Hove
Resident involvement is at the heart of everything we do in Housing. From individual tenant associations through to city-wide groups like City Assembly, residents have a say in shaping the services that we deliver.
What would you do better? Everyone Counts is our plan to rethink the way we do Resident Involvement. Get in touch and let us know what you think. There's all sorts of new ways to get involved! From five minute surveys to five new housing service groups.
- Join in the conversation on our community forum and tenant and leaseholder involvement facebook page. Tweet us at @BHCCtenants
- Tell us how you'd like to get involved by completing our online Residents Involvement form
- View events in the Resident Involvement Diary
- View area panel meeting dates
- Download Housing Management Consultative Committee minutes
- Contact the team at RIT@brighton-hove.gov.uk.
- Download our Annual Report to tenants
Where to get involved and have your say
- Local tenant and resident associations
- Sheltered Housing Action Group
- High Rise Action Group (www.brightonhovehighrise.wordpress.com)
- Area Housing Management Panels
- City Assemblies
- The Leaseholder Action Group
- Asset Management Panel
- Open Days
- Homing In
- Local or estate based conferences
- Social events and activities
- Focus groups
Tenant Disability Network.
The Tenant Disability Network now have a dedicated phone number and email address for tenants. These work on the basis of leaving a message and the appropriate elected representative for whichever area the person lives in will get back to them. Email – email@example.com Telephone – 01273 936934
Resident involvement - Tenant Participation Compact
The Tenant Participation Compact is an agreement that gives tenants a range of options and guarantees regarding the way they can shape, influence, monitor and directly control the housing matters and local decisions, which affect them. It is an agreement that sets out what tenants and Brighton & Hove City Council would like to achieve.
The compact for Brighton & Hove was developed by the Tenant Compact Monitoring Group, composed of tenants, council staff and councillors, and will be regularly reviewed and developed by the group.
Tenants are experts on issues that affect them and their homes. By drawing on their valuable experience the compact should ensure better decision making by the council and greater accountability of council staff and elected councillors. Tenant participation ensures tenants have a real say in the decisions that effect their communities.
"Tenants often believe nothing they say will make any difference, so why bother. If I believed that I wouldn’t bother myself. However, I have learned from personal experience that tenants can influence the council and that the more tenants become involved the greater the influence they have. Most tenants have local tenant or resident associations, so please go along and support their meetings. Just by doing that, you can make a difference."
A Local Tenant Representative
Contact the team
If you would like to be involved with consultation or get more information on what resident involvement is about, contact the resident involvement team at RIT@brighton-hove.gov.uk.