How much activity it recommended?
Leading an active lifestyle can have huge benefits to our health and wellbeing at any age. To find out how much is recommended and some of the health benefits check out the links below:
- Physical activity for babies and children (birth-5 years old)
- Physical activity for children and young people (5-18 years old)
- Physical activity for adults and older people
- Physical activity for pregnant women
What you can do
Being physically active is easier than you think, especially if you make activity part of your daily routine. Our modern lifestyles are very different to how our parents and grand-parents lived. A lot more people drive to work, school and shops than ever before, as well as enjoy leisure activities that involve sitting, such as watching TV and using computers.
Click on the links below for some suggestions for increasing your activity level for different groups:
Local information and support
Find information on local activities, sports clubs, leisure centre and other facilities by following the links below
- Cycling and walking in Brighton & Hove
- Local leisure centres and outdoor facilities in the city
- Search for local sport clubs & physical activity sessions
- Leisure Card (40% discount at Freedom Leisure Centres)
- Free Swimming for under 16's
- Active for Life Programme - Local, low, cost and beginner friendly activity sessions
- Healthwalks - Free, weekly, volunteer led walks for all abilities.
- Beezee Bodies Weight Management Support
We all need a little help and encouragement sometimes. Our Healthy Lifestyles Team can support you to access a wide range of local support for you or your family. If you would like to speak to someone about increasing your activity levels or would like to refer someone for support please contact us using the details below.