Our beautiful city is the perfect place to get active with plenty of parks, leisure centres and more than 10 kilometres of seafront to take advantage of.
Just 15 minutes of physical activity a day can make a big difference to your wellbeing. Getting active is good for your overall health, and a great way to keep your weight down, reduce stress levels and improve sleep. It can also be an excellent way to get out, meet new people and discover more about our city.
- Local activities and support to help you to move more
- Get one-to-one support from a professional health trainer
- Find services and organisations in Brighton & Hove offering support to help you move more on the My Life directory
How much physical activity should I do each week?
Being active can benefit us all, whatever our age. The amount of activity you need to do each week does depend on your age. Follow the links below to find out how much exercise you should be doing and tips on building this into your lifestyle:
- early childhood (under 5 years old)
- young people (5 to 18 years old)
- adults (19-64 years old)
- older adults (65 and over)
Visit www.nhs.uk/oneyou/moving to find out more about how moving can help you stay healthy.