Sight and hearing difficulties
The Brighton & Hove sensory services team provides specialist information, advice, assessments and equipment to support independence for people of any age with a visual or hearing impairment.
- Information if you are Blind or have a sight impairment
- Information if you are Deaf or have a hearing impairment
- Dual sight and hearing loss
- Sensory needs service for children
- To get help from the Sensory Services team, please contact the Access Point Team for a referral.
We will accept referrals from individuals with sight or hearing difficulties, their friends or family or other professionals. Please note this is not a drop in service and initial contact should be made by telephone, letter or email.
The Low Vision Clinic can support with assessments related to sight.
The Royal London Society for the Blind also has some useful information.
To find out more about issues which may affect you, visit www.gov.uk/browse/disabilities