Adult Abuse - break the silence


Anne's story

‘My aunt’s call bell is always out of reach when I visit. She can’t call out for help. She’s not getting the care she needs…’

Read Anne's story...


David's story

‘They knocked and told me there was a problem with my roof. Now it’s cost me all my savings, and they say I still owe more. I’m too scared to say no..’

Read David's story...


Jack's story

‘My careworker asked for my bank card for the shopping. I don’t know how much he took. When I ask him about it he shouts at me….’

Read Jack's story...


Lin's story

‘My husband’s confusion is getting worse. He hits me when I try and help him. Yesterday I was so tired I hit him back. I think we need help…’

Read Lin's story...


Monika's story

‘When my daughter visits she takes my money. Now I can’t pay my bills. I don’t know how to tell her to stop…’

Read Monika's story...


Sarah's story

‘He said he was my friend. Then he hurt me. It upsets me, but I don’t know how to make him stop…’

Read Sarah's story...

Report it

Adult abuse - click here to report it

To report abuse of vulnerable adult, use our online adult abuse report form or call Brighton & Hove City Council Adult Social Care on 01273 295555.

To report a crime call Sussex Police on 0845 60 70 999.

In an emergency phone 999.