Community Learning Disability Team
Specialist help is available from the Community Learning Disability Team to enable adults with learning disabilities to achieve more in their lives. The service supports people who live in Brighton, Hove and Portslade.
Our goal is to help people with learning disabilities to experience full citizenship of the city by making choices, having increased opportunities, and taking more control about:
- where to live
- what to do during the day, evening and weekend
- being healthy
How we can help
The team is made up of the following services that can provide support at every stage:
- assessment and care management staff, eg social workers
- specialist health staff, eg community nurses, physiotherapists
- speech & language therapists
- psychologists and psychiatrists
- day options
- shared lives and community support
Please feel free to download our Community Learning Disability Team booklet (PDF 2.64mb).
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the team.
Our useful links page contains links for local and national learning disabilities organisations.
You can also now find out information about our service charges.
Find out about the Learning disability partnership board.
Please also take a look at our compliments, comments and complaints page.