How can a health trainer help me?
The health trainer service is free and confidential. Did you know that health trainers have supported people in Brighton & Hove since 2009?
The team uses practical techniques to help people change behaviour that may be affecting their health. Health trainers will introduce you to tools which can help you:
- explore the benefits of making a change
- find out what the guidelines are around physical activity, healthy eating, alcohol and smoking
- decide the lifestyle changes that are most important to you
- learn how to set goals you are more likely to achieve
- understand what gets in the way of making changes and create ways of coping with difficult situations
- build motivation and confidence to help you keep going
Health trainers support people to make a change
Michelle wanted to reduce the amount of alcohol she was drinking - as she knew she was damaging her body. Working with a health trainer, Michelle learnt more about the health effects of drinking and examined her own drinking habits with a diary. The health trainer supported Michelle to set goals and Michelle identified her own strategies for cutting down.
Contact a health trainer and find out how we can help you
Call us today on (01273) 296877
The health trainer service is a national initiative.