We have two recycling centres within Brighton & Hove for residents' use. These are managed by Veolia in partnership with the council. From these two centres you can recycle over 30 materials which are sent for reuse, recycling or safe disposal.
The Hove centre off Old Shoreham Road Hove, is the larger of our two recycling centres. The Brighton centre, off Wilson Avenue can only accept cars.
No business, commercial or trade waste is accepted at these centres.
- Are you visiting the Hove recycling centre?
- Are you visiting the Brighton recycling centre?
- What can I take to the site?
- What charity shop and reuse schemes do you have at the sites?
- What can I do with business waste?
Thanks to you we have...
- Recycled 9156 tonnes from our two household waste recycling sites in 2009-2010
- A total 29,760 tonnes was recycled from the city in 2009-2010 which is the same as 2126 double decker buses and if these were placed end to end they would stretch from Brighton to Worthing.
- Since 2006 over 12500 home composters have sold which have helped divert 5653 tonnes of garden waste form landfill.
- Re-used over 1000 litres of paint for our community re-paint scheme. Thats more than enough to paint the Royal Pavillion and still have some left over!
Let us know what you think
More information and ways to contact us
For more information on materials and access please read the recycling centre acceptance policy [PDF 51kb]
Please read our Household Waste Recycling Sites joint enforcement policy (PDF 285kb )
|More information||Contact us|
|Refuse main page|