Noise and pollution
Much ill-feeling is caused between neighbours by noise, which can lead to tension, anxiety and misery. We receive over 3000 complaints about noise each year.
- domestic noise complaint investigation including music, parties, DIY, barking dogs
- car and burglar alarms
- commercial noise complaint investigation including sports, leisure and entertainment, industrial, construction sites
Weekend noise patrol
Our weekend noise patrol is now operating from 10pm to 3am on Friday night and Saturday night.
Call 01273 293541 during these times and leave a message on the noise patrol voicemail including
- your name
- contact number
- details of where the noise is coming from
This answer machine is monitored during the noise patrol on a regular basis.
Officers that deal with pollution enquiries and complaints deal with issues relating to a number of different areas. These include:
- land contamination.
- air pollution from both industrial installations and motor vehicles.
- pollution from bonfires and industrial/domestic chimneys
- nuisance dust and odour problems arising from various sources including, construction projects and restaurant extraction systems.
- Sea and inland water pollution is the responsibility of the Environment Agency and as part of this they monitor bathing water quality throughout the year.
Requests for environmental information, such as potentially contaminated land, air quality, noise and pollution incidents
If you need information about:
- land that might be contaminated
- air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna, energy, noise, waste and emissions
- any decisions, measurements or activities that affect or are likely to affect any of the above
- any financial and cost benefit analysis in relation to the above
These requests will fall under The Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
These requests must be submitted to the council’s Freedom of Information Team
The Freedom of Information Team will then contact Environmental Health and any other relevant departments for you.
There is a charge for providing environmental information under the The Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
If you would like advice or information, you can telephone us on 01273 294266 or email us at EHL.email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can call into:
Customer Service Centre
Street map: Bartholomew Square
Customer Service Centre
Hove Town Hall
Street map: Hove Town Hall