Apply for help to pay removal costs
This discretionary payment help residents who are claiming housing benefit, universal credit or council tax reduction and are struggling to pay for removal costs when moving into a new property.
We only have a limited amount of money available to spend on discretionary payments and we will not be able to help everyone who asks for our help.
Who can apply
To apply for funding to pay for removal costs, you must have:
- a current claim for housing benefit
- already found somewhere to move to
- reached an agreement with the prospective landlord or agent.
You will need
- proof of the new tenancy, such as a tenancy agreement or letter from the landlord
- three quotes from van hire or removal companies
- bank statements showing the last 30 days transactions to confirm you can't fund the removal costs yourself
We will check that the tenancy you wish to take is affordable for you and is within your local housing allowance band.