Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit overpayments
Overpayments occur when you have received too much Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit, for example because your circumstances have changed. When this happens, we will send you a letter giving you details of the overpayment and we will normally ask you to pay this money back. We will take into account your circumstances and who we paid your benefit to.
Click on the links below to find out information relevant to your overpayment query.
Pay it back
- » Housing Benefit overpayments
- » Council Tax Benefit overpayments and Changes to your Council Tax Reduction
- » If you’ve received a Housing Benefit Invoice ~ Information and How to Pay
- » Understanding the letters you receive about overpayments
- » Find out more about how an overpayment has been worked out
- » What to do if you think an overpayment is wrong
- » Reducing an overpayment by claiming underlying entitlement