Council Tax - tell us about a change
Let us know as soon as possible about a move or a change in circumstances so we can ensure you’re billed the right amount of Council Tax.
You can use our online forms to tell us about changes and to apply for various Council Tax discounts, reductions and exemptions.
Please select from the following:
- Tell us that you’re moving
- Apply for the Single Person Discount
- Tell us that you no longer qualify for the Single Person Discount
- Apply for a student Council Tax reduction or exemption
- Apply for help with your Council Tax because you don’t have much money coming in - or just check to see if you’ll qualify
- Find out more and apply for other Council Tax discounts, reductions or exemptions
- Let us know that someone has died
- Tell us about a change of tenant(s) (if you are a landlord or agent)
- For all other changes, including a change of name, please use this online enquiry form. (Please give us as much information as possible to make it easier for us to respond to your query.)
Other ways to contact the council tax team
- by e-mail: email@example.com - we aim to reply in 5 working days
- by phone: (01273) 291291
between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday - Friday (except public holidays)
- by minicom: (01273) 290111
between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
- by fax: (01273) 291881
- by post: Council Tax, Brighton & Hove City Council, PO Box 2929, Brighton, BN1 1PS
- in person: Brighton Customer Service Centre, Bartholomew House (opposite Brighton Town Hall), Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE (map). Open Monday to Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm (except public holidays). Please note that we can accept cheques and payments by debit card and credit card, but we cannot accept cash payments at Brighton Customer Service Centre. Please refer to our web page on how to pay your Council Tax for more information.
- access to services for disabled people (council and non-council related services)