Council Tax - Student reductions
Apply for a reduction in Council Tax
Council Tax bills are charged to households or ‘dwellings', not individuals. If your household has some full-time students, the household may be eligible for a Council Tax discount. If everyone in your household is a full-time student, the household may be eligible for complete exemption from Council Tax.
Download our leaflet about Students and Council Tax [PDF 159kb] for more information.
If you’d like to apply for a student discount or exemption for your household, please use the online form below. In completing this application form, you will need to provide the details of everyone in the household, including those who are not full-time students.
Further help and information
If you have any queries about applying for student reductions you can contact us for further information by the following methods:
- by e-mail (we aim to reply in 5 working days) firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays) (01273) 291291
- by minicom between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays) (01273) 290111
- by post write to Council Tax, Brighton & Hove City Council, PO Box 2929, Brighton, BN1 1PS
- by fax (01273) 291881
- Call into Brighton Customer Service Centre, Bartholomew House (opposite Brighton Town Hall), Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE (map). Open Monday to Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm (except public holidays).