Christmas and New Year opening times
Please note that the Council Tax service will be closed on the following days:
- Christmas Day - Thursday 25 December 2014
- Boxing Day - Friday 26 December 2014
- New Year Day - Thursday 1 January 2015
This will include the Customer Service Centre, Bartholomew House (opposite Brighton Town Hall), and the telephone service.
You can continue to make payments via our website or call our automated 24 hour debit card payment service on 01273 291908 anytime.
Full service will be available on all normal working days.
- Please go to the student page for information on discounts and exemptions available to students.
- Find out about the changes to Council Tax discounts and exemptions that took effect from 1 April 2014
- See our Annual guide to Council Tax and the council's budget for 2014-2015 (PDF 370kb).
- Fees charged by Enforcement Agents (formerly known as Bailiffs) changed from April 2014
- We are currently carrying out a Single Person Discount Review
- Be aware of Council Tax banding scams - see Sussex Police's information on protecting yourself from fraud
- See details of the proposals to remove the discounts for empty properties from 1 April 2015.
We are always looking for ways to improve our webpages. If there is something that you would like to see here relating to Council Tax please email RBWebContent@brighton-hove.gov.uk. Your suggestions will be treated as confidential.