INTERREG Va France (Channel) England Programme
Interreg Va France (Channel) England Programme
This Cross-Border programme aims to fund high quality co-operation projects in the Channel border region between France and England, in line with the Europe 2020 strategy. The programme covers the coastal area from Cornwall to Norfolk in the UK and from Finistere to Nord Pas de Calais in France. Norfolk County Council is the Managing Authority for the new programming period for 2014 to 2020.
- The Cooperation Programme for the Interreg VA France (Channel) England Programme was approved by the European Commission on 27 October 2015
- The programme already has had 3 calls for projects
- The fourth call closed on 13 October 2016.
- The next calls will be 6 April 2017 and 12 October 2017.
The fourth call for phase one project applications closed on 13 October 2016.There were 11 Phase 1 applications for a total of €24.8 m of ERDF as follows:
- 5 projects submitted under Specific Objective (SO) 1.1 focusing on innovation.
- 2 projects submitted under SO 1.2 focusing on social innovation.
- 3 projects submitted under SO 2.1 focusing on low carbon technologies
- 1 project submitted under SO 3.1 focusing on natural and cultural heritage
The Selection Sub-Committee will be meeting on 1-2 February and projects will hear from the Joint Secretariat shortly afterwards. SO 1.1 and 3.1 are the most popular applications so far.
Priority areas of the Interreg Programme
The France (Channel) England Programme has 3 Priorities divided into 5 Specific Objectives, which express the changes that the Programme plans to deliver within the eligible area:
- Specific Objective 1.1: Innovation in Shared Smart Specialisation Sectors
- Specific Objective 1.2: Social Innovation
- Specific Objective 2.1: Low Carbon Technologies
- Specific Objective 3.1: Natural and Cultural Assets
- Specific Objective 3.2: Coastal and Transitional Water Ecosystems.
The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Co-Financing rate has been agreed at 69% on a Programme Level.
How to apply?
The France (Channel) England Programme has a two-step application procedure with the submission of a Phase 1 Application Form followed by a more detailed Phase 2 Application Form.If you wish to apply for this programme please contact your local facilitator, Aiste Petraityte, who will be able to assist you with development of your application and provide guidance on what the programme’s expectations are. We advise all project applicants to contact their facilitator as early in project development as possible.
- Contact: Aiste Petraityte
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 07717618939
Calls for projects will be held throughout the Programme’s lifetime. The launch of each call and related documents will be announced on the programme’s website.
- On the programme please see the latest version of the Programme Manual which is available on Interreg programme website.
- On the eligible area, please download the Interreg programme map.
The Two Seas Programme
The other programme, the Two Seas Programme had its first deadline for concept notes on 16 February 2015. The programme is for organisations with partners from the eligible regions of The Netherlands, West Flanders or the French region of Nord-Pas de Calais. This programme operates in English, French and Dutch. The Managing Authority is still Nord-Pas de Calais.