INTERREG Va France (Channel) England Programme
Interreg Va France (Channel) England Programme
This Cross-Border programme aims to fund high quality co-operation projects in the Channel border region between France and England, in line with the Europe 2020 strategy. The programme covers the coastal area from Cornwall to Norfolk in the UK and from Finistere to Nord Pas de Calais in France. Norfolk County Council is the Managing Authority for the new programming period for 2014 to 2020.
- The Cooperation Programme for the Interreg VA France (Channel) England Programme was approved by the European Commission on 27 October 2015
- The programme already has had 3 calls for projects
- The fourth call opens on 14 September 2016 and closes on 13 October 2016
The second call for phase one project applications closed on 19 October 2015. 18 applications totaling €46 million were received. For the March 2016 deadline there were 14 phase one applications and three phase 2 ones.
Priority areas of the Interreg Programme
The France (Channel) England Programme has 3 Priorities divided into 5 Specific Objectives, which express the changes that the Programme plans to deliver within the eligible area:
- Specific Objective 1.1: Innovation in Shared Smart Specialisation Sectors
- Specific Objective 1.2: Social Innovation
- Specific Objective 2.1: Low Carbon Technologies
- Specific Objective 3.1: Natural and Cultural Assets
- Specific Objective 3.2: Coastal and Transitional Water Ecosystems.
The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Co-Financing rate has been agreed at 69% on a Programme Level.
How to apply?
The France (Channel) England Programme has a two-step application procedure with the submission of a Phase 1 Application Form followed by a more detailed Phase 2 Application Form.
If you wish to apply for this programme please contact your local facilitator, Aiste Petraityte, who will be able to assist you with development of your application and provide guidance on what the programme’s expectations are. We advise all project applicants to contact their facilitator as early in project development as possible.
- Contact: Aiste Petraityte
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 07717618939
Calls for projects will be held throughout the Programme’s lifetime. The launch of each call and related documents will be announced on the programme’s website.
The Interreg VA France (Channel) England Programme is pleased to present the 2016 annual event which will take place on Thursday 19th May 2016 in Dorking, England.
This event will provide an opportunity to:
- Meet French and English national and local government representatives,
- Meet the Joint Secretariat for the Programme,
- Learn more about the funding opportunities for innovation, social innovation, low carbon technologies, natural and cultural heritage and coastal and transitional water ecosystems,
- Gain a better understanding of the expectations of the Programme.
The agenda for this event will consist of plenary sessions about the main objectives of the Programme, a roundtable about the last 25 years of Franco-British cooperation, and workshops on the different specific objectives of the Cooperation Programme.
By invitation only.
- On the programme please see the latest version of the Programme Manual which is available on Interreg programme website.
- On the eligible area, please download the Interreg programme map.
The Two Seas Programme
The other programme, the Two Seas Programme had its first deadline for concept notes on 16 February 2015. The programme is for organisations with partners from the eligible regions of The Netherlands, West Flanders or the French region of Nord-Pas de Calais. The next round for concept notes is expected to open in November 2015 with a deadline in January 2016.
This programme operates in English, French and Dutch. The Managing Authority is still Nord-Pas de Calais.