Council property and land
Our property and design service manages the council's property and land portfolio.
Buildings within this property portfolio include
- council owned commercial properties and farmlands
- civic buildings including offices and town halls
- non-housing council owned operational buildings (e.g. schools, social care, leisure and environment buildings)
Housing is not part of this portfolio. Find out more about housing managed by the council.
Government Transparency Agenda
We have published a list of council owned or occupied land and buildings and their key attributes under the Government's Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency (2013)
- Download List of Property & Land Assets (April 2014) [XLS 682kb]
- Download List of Property & Land Assets (April 2014) [CSV 375kb]
- If you need help using the list you can download our guidance notes [PDF - 134kb]
Public Sector Land and Property Map
Take a look at our interactive land & property asset map. This provides high-level details of the public sector's land and property assets in the city. (Please note the map does not include individual council houses and flats). This map is currently being reviewed to reflect the assets shown in the above list and an updated version will be published soon.
- If you need help to use the map you can download the asset map user guide [PDF 329kb]
- Download Map Detailing Land Use of Council Owned Land [PDF 3.65mb]
- Visit the Council Data page to download Property & Land KML Layer files for use with Google Earth.
Please note that the public sector map and asset list represent high-level information from the asset registers of the Council and from data received from our partners. The council is only responsible for updating the assets owned or operated by the council. These are provided for general information only and should not be used for decision making. Specific ownership enquiries for the council owned or occupied assets can be sent to the property estates team at email@example.com. Enquiries concerning non-council owned assets should be sent to the estates team of the relevant partner organisation.
Asset Management Plan and Corporate Property Strategy (AMP) and Building Maintenance Strategy (BMS)
The AMP, BMS and annual property performance updates are available to download from the corporate asset management plan page.
If you have you have any queries about the AMP please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
Property & Design, Kings House, Grand Avenue, Hove. BN3 2LS.