Council property and land
The council's property and land portfolio includes
- council offices and town halls
- commercial properties and farmlands
- council owned buildings such as schools and leisure centres
Housing is not part of this portfolio.
- Find out more about housing managed by the council
Government transparency agenda
We have published a list of council owned or occupied land and buildings and their key attributes under the Government's Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency (2013)
- Our Brighton & Hove City Council interactive land & property asset map provides high level details of our land & property assets in the city (please note that the map excludes individual council houses & flats)
- Download the user guide for the Brighton & Hove City Council interactive map (PDF 607KB)
- Download a list of Brighton & Hove City Council Property & Land assets (XLSX 443KB) in Excel format
- Download a list of Brighton & Hove City Council Property & Land assets (CSV 668KB) in CSV format
- Visit the Council's data web page to download our property & land KML layer files for use with Google Earth
- Download a map detailing the use of council owned land in Brighton & Hove (PDF 3.86MB)
Greater Brighton Partnership One Public Estate programme
The Greater Brighton Partnership includes public sector organisations based or operating within the Adur District, Brighton & Hove City, Lewes Distric, Mid Sussex District and Worthing Borough Council administrative areas.
During 2016, the Greater Brighton Partnership successfully applied to become part of central government's One Public Estate Programme. One of the Partnership's commitments was to map our land and property assets, identify surplus assets and identify the collective value of our portfolios.
Property & Land asset ownership across the Greater Brighton Partnership extends to over 3,500 assets with a floor area in excess of 2 million square metres and a total value of £3.5bn.
- Our Greater Brighton interactive land & property asset map provides high level details of the public sector's land & property assets in the Greater Brighton region (please note that the map excludes individual council houses & flats)
- Download the user guide for the Greater Brighton interactive map (PDF 440KB)
- Download a list of Greater Brighton Partnership's Property & Land assets (XLSX 586KB) in Excel format
- Download a list of Greater Brighton Partnership's Property & Land assets (CSV 853KB) in CSV format
- Download a summary of the asset value (PDF 244KB) of the public sector land & property assets in the Greater Brighton region
Please note that our public sector maps and asset lists represent high level information from our asset register and from data received from our partners. These are provided for general information only and should not be used for decision making. Specific ownership enquiries for the Brighton & Hove City Council (B&HCC) owned or occupied assets should be sent to our asset management team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries concerning non-B&HCC owned assets should be sent to the estates team of the relevant partner organisation. The council are only responsible for updating the information on assets that we own or operate.
Asset Management Plan and Corporate Property Strategy (AMP) and Building Maintenance Strategy (BMS)
Asset Management Plan and Corporate Property Strategy (AMP) and Building Maintenance Strategy (BMS) and annual property performance updates are available to download from our corporate asset management plan page.