Council property and land
The council's property and land portfolio includes
- council offices and town halls
- commercial properties and farmlands
- council owned buildings such as schools and leisure centres
Housing is not part of this portfolio.
- Find out more about housing managed by the council
Government transparency agenda
We have published a list of council owned or occupied land and buildings and their key attributes under the Government's Code of Recommended Practice for Local Authorities on Data Transparency (2013)
- Download List of Property and Land Assets October 2015 (MS Excel 416KB)
- Download List of Property and Land Assets October 2015 (CSV 704KB)
Public sector land and property map
Take a look at our interactive land and property asset map. This provides high-level details of the public sector's land and property assets in the city. Please note the map does not include individual council houses and flats.
- download the user guide (PDF 589KB) for the map
- download our map detailing land use of council owned land (PDF 3.65MB)
- Visit the council data web page to download property and land KML Layer files for use with Google Earth.
Please note that the public sector map and asset list represent high-level information from our asset registers and from data received from our partners. These are provided for general information only and should not be used for decision making. Specific ownership enquiries for the council owned or occupied assets can be sent to the property estates team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries concerning non-council owned assets should be sent to the estates team of the relevant partner organisation. We're only responsible for updating the information on assets that we own or operate.
Asset Management Plan and Corporate Property Strategy (AMP) and Building Maintenance Strategy (BMS)
Asset Management Plan and Corporate Property Strategy (AMP) and Building Maintenance Strategy (BMS) and annual property performance updates are available to download from our corporate asset management plan page.