The Corporate Procurement Strategy (see Contracts & Tenders page) and Sustainable Procurement Policy (PDF 4734KB) set out the council's approach to sustainable procurement to ensure that social, environmental, ethical and economic sustainability are included in all the councils purchasing decisions.
Our suppliers are key to delivering the policy and we encourage them to help us deliver continuous improvement on our sustainability commitments. See our making sustainable purchasing decisions page for more information.
Whether you already supply the council or want to in the future you should be aware of the council's approach to sustainable procurement and what we expect of our suppliers. The following links will help you to understand and operate in line with these commitments.
- Minimum sustainability standards page
- Minimum food buying standards (PDF 215KB)
- Making sustainable purchasing decisions page
- Sustainable Procurement Policy (PDF 473KB)
The Sustainability pages provide practical advice on reducing environmental impacts
- The Steps to Environmental Management (STEM) programme is a step-by-step approach to implementing an Environmental Management System
- See our Guide for Writing an Environmental Policy
- ‘Winning the Contract’ - free online training for suppliers hoping to secure public sector contracts.