About your council
Our purpose is to provide strong civic leadership for the wellbeing and aspiration of Brighton & Hove.
We will be successful if we are judged to deliver:
- A good life - Ensuring a city for all ages, inclusive of everyone and protecting the most vulnerable
- A well run city - Keeping the city, safe, clean, moving and connected
- A vibrant economy - Promoting a world class economy with a local workforce to match
- A modern council - Providing open civic leadership and effective public services
Our Corporate Plan
The Brighton & Hove City Council Corporate Plan 2015-2019 (PDF 2.4MB) sets out the overall direction for the council, describing our purpose and values as the local authority for the city.
Our vision, principles and priorities are included in the corporate plan and shared with Brighton & Hove Connected, the city's overarching public, community and private sector partnership.
Our executive leadership team is responsible for planning and delivering the running of our services.
Plans for our services
Each of our Directorate Plans describes in more detail how services are working to deliver our Corporate Plan. These Directorate Plans reflect the changes in our management structure.
- Economy, Environment & Culture Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 180KB)
- Families, Children's & Learning Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 176KB)
- Finance & Resources Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 146KB)
- Health & Adult Social Care Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 175KB)
- Neighbourhoods, Communities & Housing Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 155KB)
- Strategy, Governance & Law Directorate Plan 2016-2017 (PDF 161KB)
The Directorate Plans were developed alongside the Corporate Plan and council budget for 2016/17.
The customer insight report gives information about how people have contacted the council, and how we have responded to them.
For general information about Brighton & Hove City Council services visit our A-Z of Services.