About your council
Our purpose is to provide strong civic leadership for the wellbeing and aspiration of Brighton & Hove.
We will be successful if we are judged to deliver:
- A good life - Ensuring a city for all ages, inclusive of everyone and protecting the most vulnerable
- A well run city - Keeping the city, safe, clean, moving and connected
- A vibrant economy - Promoting a world class economy with a local workforce to match
- A modern council - Providing open civic leadership and effective public services
The Brighton & Hove City Council Corporate Plan 2015-2019 (PDF 2.36MB) sets out the overall direction for the council, describing our purpose and values as the local authority for the city.
Our vision, principles and priorities are included in the corporate plan and shared with Brighton & Hove Connected, the city's overarching public, community and private sector partnership.
Our executive leadership team is responsible for planning and delivering the running of our services.
Each of our Directorate Plans describes in more detail how services are working to deliver our Corporate Plan
- Adult Services Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 313KB)
- Assistant Chief Executive Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 298KB)
- Children's Services Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 382KB)
- Environment, Development & Housing Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 312KB)
- Finance & Resources Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 366KB)
- Legal & Democratic Services Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 242KB)
- Public Health Directorate Plan 2015-2016 (PDF 271KB)
The Corporate Plan and Directorate Plans were developed alongside the council budget for 2015/16 and our Medium Term Financial Strategy 2015-2019 (PDF 1.45mb).
The customer insight report gives information about how people have contacted the council, and how we have responded to them.
For general information about Brighton & Hove City Council services visit our A-Z of Services.