How do I make a complaint about noise nuisance?
Making a complaint
Your complaint should include:
- your name and address and a daytime telephone number - anonymous complaints are not accepted
- the address (or site) where the noise is coming from
- the type of noise (such as loud music, barking dog, alarm sounding)
- when and for how long the noise occurs
- the way the noise affects you (such as keeps you awake)
- anything you have done to try and deal with the problem (such as speaking to the person making the noise)
Your name and address will not be given to the person complained about without your permission, however your identity may be guessed. Your details have to be revealed in the event of any legal or formal action being taken.
Who to contact
Brighton Town Hall
Brighton BN1 1JP
Street map: Bartholomew House
Hove Town Hall
Hove BN3 4AH
Street map: Hove Town Hall
Monday to Thursday 9am - 4.30pm and Friday 9am - 4pm.
Weekend noise patrol
Our weekend noise patrol is now operating from 10pm to 3am on Friday night and Saturday night.
Call 01273 293541 during these times and leave a message on the noise patrol voicemail including
- your name
- contact number
- details of where the noise is coming from
This voicemail is monitored during the noise patrol on a regular basis.