North and South Chapels at Woodvale Crematorium
Built originally in 1856 and refurbished most recently in 2013, the North and South Chapels are either side of the main crematorium building (in the photograph the North Chapel is on the left-hand side). Each chapel has:
- free parking including spaces for disabled badge holders
- a waiting room with toilets (located opposite the South Chapel)
- seating for approximately 80 people
- a new system for downloading music on request (two working days minimum notice required)
- equipment to play music from CDs and MP3 players
- an electric organ
- a screen to display images from a laptop computer
- disabled access and hearing aid loops.
Download a picture (PDF 656KB)
Unlike the South Chapel, The North Chapel is consecrated and features a stained-glass window and altar.
Download a picture (PDF 990KB)
Download a picture (PDF 970KB)
- Services should be kept to 30 minutes. For longer services, a double booking will have to be made and an additional fee would be applicable to the basic cremation costs.
- A use of chapel fee applies if being used for a burial service, memorial service only or if the coffin is then being taken on to a crematorium not operated by Brighton & Hove City Council.