Ceremonies in Brighton Town Hall
Brighton Town Hall was built in 1830-32 and is a Grade 1 listed building. It has giant fluted Ionic columns that form porticoes. Inside there are two beautiful ceremony rooms to choose from - the Regency Room and the Fitzherbert Room.
The Regency Room
The Regency Room is where most of our ceremonies take place. It is tastefully decorated with heritage colours, antique furniture and crystal chandeliers. The Regency Room holds up to 50 guests (34 seated). A web streaming service is available in this room for a fee..
Ceremonies are held in the Regency Room by appointment from:
- Monday to Saturday at 9.45am, 10.30am, 11.15am, 12 noon, 12.45pm, 1.30pm, 2.15pm, 3.00pm, 3.45pm and 4.30pm.
- Sundays by special arrangement
The Fitzherbert Room
The Fitzherbert Room is next to the Regency Room. It is for couples who would like a more intimate ceremony and has room for 8 guests.
Ceremonies are held in the Fitzherbert Room by appointment:
- Monday to Thursdays at 9.45am, 10.30am, 11.15am, 2.15pm, 3pm and 3.45pm
- Fridays at 9.45am, 10.30am, 11.15am
The council chamber
Our largest room is located on the second floor of the town hall. The council chamber has room for 120 guests.
This can be booked by appointment only.
Old Police Cells Museum
For a more unusual wedding venue, you can use the old police cells in the basement of Brighton Town Hall. They have room for 30 guests.
Contact the Old Police Cells Museum to check availability: 01273 565806
Virtual tour of Brighton Town Hall
You can use Google Streetview to explore the rest of the building.
You can start from:
- Outside, from Bartholomew Square
- Ground floor hall
- Between the ceremony rooms
- Regency room
- Entrance to old police cells in basement
- Old police cells in basement
- Stairway and view up to council chamber
- Council chamber
- Council chamber from front
Contact the register office for more information about booking these wedding venues: 01273 292016 option 2
Other useful information when planning your ceremony in Brighton & Hove:
- Arranging a marriage ceremony
- Arranging a civil partnership
- Booking a notice appointment online
- Approved venues for ceremonies
- Ceremony fees for Brighton Town Hall and Approved Venues (PDF 302 KB)
- Ceremony fees for Council Chamber and Police Cells (PDF 286 KB)
- Ceremony fees for Naming Ceremony and Renewal of Vows (248 KB)
- Weddings and ceremonies in Brighton & Hove Facebook page