Working with the Early Years Foundation Stage
Book your places at the Early Years Network Meeting on 22 October
Book your place at the Early Years Network Meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the names of the people you want to attend (2 places per setting). The event will run from 9.30am - 12.45pm and will cover:
- The new Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub – ‘MASH’
- The Early Help Hub
- The Early Years Pupil Premium initiative
- Health visiting in the city
Support from the early years team
Our early years team can offer support, guidance and resources for working with children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Find out more about how we can support you:
- Improve quality with our quality assurance scheme QuILT
- Healthy choice award and nutrition guidance
- See resources from the recent Observation, Assessment and Planning course
- See the latest guidance from the Traveller Education Early Years Team
- Download "Working as a Bilingual Assistant"
- Read the latest LSCB Newsletter (July) 2014)
- Read the July 2014 edition of Early Years Network News
The EYFS is the statutory framework that sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
The EYFS guidance is available on the Department for Education website.
You can find relevant supporting documents such as Development Matters and the Progress Check for 2 year olds on the Foundation Years website.
CEYC has produced a template for the EYFS Progress Check at Age Two [Word 858KB], which providers can download and amend for use in their setting.
Ofsted are releasing lots of new documents and guidance to support early years and childcare providers at the moment. It's worth signing up for their weekly updates to make sure you receive all the latest information. You can do that by visiting the Ofsted website and completing the weekly update form.
If you would like any further information or support contact our early years team on (01273) 296108 or email@example.com
- Foundation Years
- Early Years Foundation Stage Forum
- Department for Education
- Brighton and Hove Local Safeguarding Children Board
Back to Early years and childcare