Newly qualified teachers
Welcome to all NQTs who are being supported by Brighton & Hove City Council. We look forward to working with you and your schools to ensure you have a successful induction year.
Our NQT web pages will provide you with all the information you need as you progress through the year.
NQT Welcome Event
This year's Welcome Event was in 11 September 2013 at the University of Brighton. We were pleased to see a record number of NQTs again and a good number of induction tutors too. The presentations are below.
- Welcome (Jo Lyons)
- Main presentation (Sharon MacKenzie)
- Top Tips: How to avoid being overwhelmed (Ex-NQTs) and accompanying notes
- E-safety (Paul Platts, Schools' ICT)
Brighton & Hove City Council is the 'Appropriate Body' that is responsible for your induction year. We are based in King's House in Hove and your key contacts are:
- Sharon MacKenzie, NQT Induction Co-ordinator (Named Person for NQTs), tel (01273) 293465
- Yaz Jenner, NQT Administrator, tel (01273) 293511
- The team email is email@example.com
If you have any Human Resources related queries (eg pay, contracts, etc) then your school office staff will be able to tell you who their HR contact at the council is.
If you have any concerns about your induction, you should initially speak to your Induction Tutor and/or make use of the school’s internal procedures for raising concerns. If your concerns are not sufficiently addressed, you should contact Sharon MacKenzie (details above).