Newly qualified teachers
Welcome to all NQTs who are being supported by Brighton & Hove City Council. We look forward to working with you and your schools to ensure you have a successful induction year.
Our NQT web pages will provide you with all the information you need as you progress through the year.
NQT Welcome Event
Thank you to everyone who came to our Welcome Events on 10 September, it was good to meet so many of you. The presentations are below.
- NQT Welcome Event - Agenda 10.09.14 [PDF 92kb]
- Welcome to Brighton & Hove: Dr Jo Lyons [PDF 155kb]
- NQT top tips: Session 1 [PDF 393kb]
- NQT top tips: Session 2 [PDF 751kb]
- Main presentation - statutory entitlements and website: Sharon MacKenzie [PDF 187kb]
Mark Holdaway from the Behaviour and Inclusive Learning Team (BILT) also spoke about the work that his team does and the extra training and coaching they can provide in your NQT year. To contact Mark please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brighton & Hove City Council is the 'Appropriate Body' that is responsible for your induction year. We are based in King's House in Hove and your key contacts are:
- Sharon MacKenzie, NQT Induction Co-ordinator (Named Person for NQTs), tel 01273 293465
- Yaz Jenner, NQT Administrator, tel 01273 293511
- The team email is email@example.com
If you have any Human Resources related queries (eg pay, contracts, etc) then your school office staff will be able to tell you who to contact in the council's HR department.
If you have any concerns about your induction, you should initially speak to your induction tutor and/or make use of the school’s internal procedures for raising concerns. If your concerns are not sufficiently addressed, you should contact Sharon MacKenzie (details above).