Newly qualified teachers
NQT resources for the year
Our 2015/16 NQT resources will provide you with all the information you need as you progress through the year.
NQT Welcome Event
It was good to see so many of you at the two Welcome Events we held on 9 September. The main presentations are below:
- Presentation: Sharon Mackenzie / Mark Holdaway [PDF 386kb] - Support available, statutory entitlements, website details / managing behaviour
- Presentation: Hilary Ferries [PDF 154kb - Welcome to Brighton & Hove
Brighton & Hove City Council is the 'Appropriate Body' that is responsible for your induction year. We are based in King's House in Hove and your key contacts are:
- Sharon MacKenzie, NQT Induction Co-ordinator (Named Person for NQTs), tel 01273 293465
- Yaz Jenner, NQT Administrator, tel 01273 293511
- The team email is email@example.com
If you have any Human Resources related queries (eg pay, contracts, etc) then your school office staff will be able to tell you who to contact in the council's HR department.
If you have any concerns about your induction, you should initially speak to your induction tutor and/or make use of the school’s internal procedures for raising concerns. If your concerns are not sufficiently addressed, you should contact Sharon MacKenzie (details above).