Sibling link- this has changed this year, please read carefully
- this will apply where a sibling living in the same household will be attending the school when your child is due to start, providing your home is in the catchment area for the school in question.
- if you live in the part of Brighton which was previously in the catchment area for Blatchington Mill and Hove Park but is now in the catchment area for Dorothy Stringer and Varndean, or in the part of Portslade which was previously in the catchment area for Blatchington Mill and Hove Park but is now in the catchment area for Portslade Aldridge Community Academy, your child will continue to have a sibling link to the Hove Schools for September 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- The postcodes which have changed catchment areas this year are shown on the catchment area map in bold.
- a sibling link is only taken into account if children live at the same address and the sibling has already been allocated a place at the school. Twins or multiple births do not qualify for the sibling link unless one child has already been offered a place
- where a sibling attends a nursery class or a sixth form on the same school site, it will not be counted as a link for admissions purposes
- you may be asked to supply proof that your child has a sibling at the same address who attends the school. This will normally be a copy of your child benefit letter showing both children’s names, or a copy of both children’s medical cards, showing the same address
Please note: as mentioned above the sibling link has been removed for children who do not live in the catchment area. If this applies to your child, he or she will be placed in priority 5.
Twins/multiple births (or siblings* within the same year group applying for the same school)
No special priority is given for the admission of these children. If it is possible to offer a place at the preferred school to one child and not the other, both (or all) children will be offered a place. Please indicate clearly on each child’s preference form if they have a twin or other same year sibling also applying.