2014-15 Secondary School Admissions Booklet
It is important that you read this booklet carefully, as it provides full information about the school admission process, and may be disadvantaged in getting a place for your child at your preferred school if you do not follow the guidance provided.
- Introduction - a school place for your child in September 2014
- Apply online
- Decide which schools you prefer
- Moving house
- Secondary school admission timetable
- School term dates
- What do I do with my completed application (year 7)?
- What happens if my application is late?
- How the council deals with applications
- The council's admissions priorities - catchment areas
- What to do when you receive the decision
- Transferring school at other times
- School transport
- Special educational needs
- List of secondary schools in Brighton & Hove and open day information
- Admissions Priorities for schools which are their own admission authority
- Explaination of terms and definitions