Secondary admissions booklet
Secondary schools admissions booklet 2018/19
PLEASE NOTE: there have been some changes to the published open days and times for Blatchington Mill School and King's School. Please click the above link for the new details.
Section 1: Before you make your application
- Before you make your application
- Key dates in the admissions process
- Maximise your chance
- Applying for a school place
- Apply online
Section 2: Making an application
- Decide which schools you prefer
- Types of secondary schools in Brighton & Hove
- Co-ordinated admissions
- How do I apply for a school place in another local authority area?
- What do I do with my completed application?
- What happens if my application is late?
- Special educational needs (SEN)
Section 3: How your application is processed
Section 4: Admission Priorities and catchment areas
Section 5: Admission Priorities for schools which are their own admission authority
Section 6: What to do when you receive the decision
- How do I accept my child's school place?
- What happens if I am not happy with the school my child has been offered?
- Reallocation pools - what they are, how to enter and how they are managed
- How to appeal for a place at your preferred school
Section 7: Moving house
- What happens if I change address during the admission process?
- What happens if I am temporarily absent from the city?
- What if I move to the area when my child would not normally change school?
- In-year fair access protocol
- Moving school if you have not moved house
- How will my application for a transfer be dealt with
Section 8: School transport
Section 9: Other content