School meals in Brighton & Hove
The current cost of a meal is £2.10 in primary schools
Could you be entitled to free school meals?
All food provided by Brighton & Hove City Council meets the nutritional standards set by the government and Eden has achieved the Soil Associations Silver Food For Life . This ensures that children are provided with a healthy balanced meal. We work with Eden Foodservice to create the menus which include:
- a variety of red meat and poultry dishes all to the red tractor standard
- sustainable fish including omega-3 rich oily fish
- local free range eggs
- balanced vegetarian dishes
- a wide choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and salad
- fresh bread, cooked on site daily
My child has an allergy or intolerance
Find out more about how we cater for food allergies and intolerances and other special diets.
Menus and theme days
Eden are contracted to provide menus with either two or three choices and a Balanced Choice Packed Lunch Menu where requested.
- Find out which menu your school uses.
- Download the April 2015 - October 2015 two choice Eden Menu (PDF 953KB)
- Download the April 2015 - October 2015 three choice Eden Menu (PDF 955KB)
- Our balanced Choice packed lunch menu (PDF 124KB) is a weekly rotating menu. Some schools provide this with the dessert of the day.
Portslade Infant School will now receive the two choice menu detailed above.
Secondary schools manage their own meal contracts. For more information, please contact your school direct.
Many parents have asked for further support and information to help them make an informed decision around school meals. The Little Book of Goodness written by the School Food Trust is designed to address these concerns.
The Corporate School Meals Contract will be provided by Eden Foodservice (part of the Interserve Group) and is administered by the School Meals Team. Any schools that have opted out of this contract, as well as PFI schools, will have their own arrangements.
Find out more about Eden Foodservice
If there are any queries regarding school meals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following numbers:
- for comments, complaints, compliments and contractual issues, please contact the School Meals Manager (01273) 293590
- to enquire about a job then please call Eden Foodservice (01273) 818892
A small selection of local and national organisations useful to School Meals