Learning and development for governors and clerks
Training and development programme for maintained schools, academies and free schools
Our 2017/18 training and development programme for governors and clerks can be viewed on BEEM, our portal that hosts information on training, resources and services to schools offered by Brighton & Hove City Council. In the Training/Events page, open 'Provider' on the left hand side and click on 'Governor Support', then 'Search'. When schools purchase our service, all governors and clerks receive a login in order to book on courses and view our extensive resource bank. Further details about the service are on BEEM or please contact:
- School and Governance Development Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01273 293465
The programme recognises both the diverse training needs of governors and the requirements of local and national initiatives in education. Members of the team, including the associate trainers who help to deliver the training programme, are all experts in their fields. Many have direct experience as chairs, governors or clerks.
This year's events include:
- One major event each term to hear from national and local leaders on issues that affect school governance, including our annual Governor Conference and two Governance, Strategy & Partnership (GSP) meetings
- Governor Induction Programme - offered six times a year
- Courses on School Data, School Development Planning, Preparation for Ofsted, School Finance, Excluding Pupils, Safeguarding Children, Disadvantaged Pupils, Governor Visits, Headteacher Appraisal, Working with Stakeholders, Equalities Networks, Healthy & Safety, Appeals Panels, Exclusions and Partnerships & Collaborations
- Local and national development programmes for clerks and chairs of governors
We also offer bespoke training for individual governing bodies and are happy to discuss requirements.