Primary admissions booklet
Primary School Admissions Booklet 2018-19
- Foreword: A school place for your child in September 2018
- List of primary schools with open days & list of junior schools with open days
PLEASE NOTE: there have been some changes to the published open days for Balfour Primary School, St Bernadette's Catholic School and Elm Grove Primary School. Please click the above link for the new dates.
Section 1: Before you make your application
- Before you make your application
- Key dates in the admissions process
- Maximise your chance
- Applying for a school place
- When should my child start school?
- How do I defer admission to an infant or primary school?
- How do I get a Year 3 place for my child at a primary school?
Section 2: Making an Application
- Decide which schools you prefer
- Co-ordinated admissions
- How do I apply to 'own-admission' authority schools?
- How do I apply for a school place in another local authority area?
- Special educational needs
- What do I do with my completed application?
- What happens if my application is late?
Section 3: How your application is processed
Section 4: Admission priorities for community schools
Section 5: Admission priorities for 'own-admission' authority schools
Section 6: What to do when you receive the decision
- How do I accept my child's school place?
- What happens if I am not happy with the school offered?
- School waiting lists
- How to appeal for a place at your preferred school
Section 7: Moving house
- What happens if I change address during the admission process?
- What if I move to the area when my child would not normally change school?
- What happens if I am temporarily absent from the city?
- In-year fair access protocol
- Moving school if you have not moved house
- How will my application for transfer be dealt with?
Section 8: School transport
Section 9: Other content