Education for 0 to 5 years old with SEND
Find nurseries and early years educational settings (maintained, non-maintained and private) for children with special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND) aged 0-5 in Brighton & Hove.
Find out about childcare, including looking for a childminder, at-home care and free childcare and early learning for two, three and four year olds.
Schools with Nursery classes
- Bevendean Primary
- Carden Primary
- Coldean Primary
- Fairlight Primary
- Goldstone Primary
- Hangleton Infants
- Middle Street Primary
- Moulsecoomb Primary
- Patcham Infants
- Queen's Park Primary
- Rudyard Kipling Primary
- St Mark's CE Primary
- St Martin's CE Primary
- St Mary Magdalen RC Primary
- St Paul's CE Primary
- St Peters Community Primary
- West Blatchington Primary
- Westdene Primary
Specialist early years provision
- The Pre-School Special Educational Needs Service (PRESENS) at the Jeanne Saunders Centre & Easthill Park for onsite assessment nursery provision.
Non-maintained specialist provision
Approved list of independent education providers
You will need to open the document called ‘Independent special institutions with Secretary of State approval’ when you reach the web page. Most providers on this list are located outside of Brighton & Hove and can be named on an education, health and care plan (EHC) if no suitable provision can be found locally.
Please note that information about education providers does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of a service or provider.
You may also be interested in:
- Educational support services for children aged 0 to 5 years old with SEND
- Read about what all pre-school settings must offer to children with SEND
- The Pre-school Special Educational Needs Service (PRESENS)