Children’s Services and our partners are making significant changes to how we organise and coordinate help to children and families, and how we offer advice and guidance to professionals who work with them.
- View or download the Early Help Hub leaflet for professionals (PDF 289KB) for further details including how the changes effect the Family Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- View or download the Early Help Hub leaflet for parents carers (PDF 973KB)
Early help forms and practice standards
- Early Help Hub Assessment Plan & Review form (MS Word 105KB)
- You can make a referral using the Early Help Hub Referral form (MS Word 102KB). Please note the new deadline for receiving referrals is 12pm on a Thursday
- Early Help Assessment Practice Standards (PDF 114KB)
Early help strategy
Early help is a top priority in Children’s Services. We are committed to intervening early to support families facing challenges and difficulties so that we can prevent an escalation of problems and improve outcomes for children and young people.
The Early Help Strategy (PDF 646KB) sets out our priorities and planned actions. It also sets out our commitment to introducing an Early Help Hub to ensure that services are clearly signposted and coordinated around the needs of children and their families. You can also view our 'Threshold' guide to early help and safeguarding services document (PDF 714KB).
To find out more contact the Early Help Hub by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 292632
Family Service Directory for information on a wide range of local services for families.
The Costed directory of effective interventions [MS Word 1.94MB] is a way for practitioners to find out about services in the city and when and how to refer.
SEND Local Offer for information on services for a child or young person with special educational needs and/or disability.
Local Safeguarding Children Board coordinate what is done locally to protect and promote the welfare of children and young people in the city.
Directory of Health and Well-Being services provides information for front line workers on local services.
Community and Voluntary Sector Directory for contact details and descriptions of over 350 community groups, charities and voluntary organisations.
Worried about a child?
If you have concerns about a child or young person's welfare, please contact our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01273 290400 or MASH@brighton-hove.gcsx.gov.uk Outside of office hours, you should call 01273 335905.