Triple P: Positive Parenting Programme
Know all about Triple P? Go straight to information about upcoming Triple P talks and courses in Brighton & Hove.
What is Triple P?
Triple P is one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programmes in the world, backed up by 30 years of on-going research. It is suitable for parents of children 18 months to 18 yeras.
Triple P helps you:
- Create a stable, harmonious family environment
- Teach your children the skills they need to get along with others
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with problem behaviour
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Develop realistic expectations of your children and yourself
- Take care of yourself as a parent
Find out more about Triple P.
What can we offer?
Triple P offers a range of advice and support so you can get the help you need.
There are tip sheets, books and DVDs available in local libraries.
Search the Library catalogue for resources. The following are available:
- 'Every parent's survival guide' - DVD
- 'Every parents guide to teenagers' - DVD
- 'Every parent's guide self-help workbook' - Book
- Search 'Matt Sanders' or 'Positive Parenting'.
There are tip sheets available for parents of all ages in local libraries.
You can also ask your local Children's Centre, Health visitor or School Nurse. There is also help available from the Amaze Helpline for parent with children with special needs
These 90 minute talks provide an introduction to the strategies of Triple P. They are run in series of three talks each for parents of children under 12 and parents of teenagers. Attend one or all. Further information on upcoming Triple P talks.
These are two hour small discussion groups which focus on particular behaviours or issues, for instance Sleep and Bedtimes.
These small courses (typically 10-12 people) are run by an accredited Triple P practitioner.
- Weeks 1 to 4: 2-hourly group sessions
- Weeks 5 to 7: 15 to 20 minute phone calls addressing your individual progress and a final group session.
You will learn positive parenting skills that can be adapted to a wide range of parenting situations. Further information on upcoming Triple P talks and courses.
What other parents thought of Triple P
Hundreds of parents have taken part in Triple P talks and courses in Brighton & Hove. Find out what other parents thought of Triple P.
Watch videos of Triple P in action following two families managing the challenging behaviour of their children through Triple P techniques.
The Big Parenting Debate - Your views on the parenting support in Brighton & Hove
Thank you to everyone who contributed to The Big Parenting Debate last year. We held the Big Parenting Debate to find out more about parenting issues of importance to you and how you would like to access support, guidance and training
For regular updates and tips find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BHpositiveparenting