Family Information Service (FIS)
The Family Information Service (FIS) offers a wide range of information and advice for families that includes
- Local childcare options and the different types of help available towards childcare costs
- Free childcare for two, three and four year olds
- Local services that can help your family, such as groups that offer support and advice agencies
Family Services Directory
Our online directory contains a wide range of local services that can support your family, as well as listing all Ofsted registered childcare providers in Brighton & Hove.
Family Information Service factsheets
- New to Brighton and Hove Factsheet June 2017 (PDF 360 KB) - how and where to find help for your family in the city
- Family Breakdown Factsheet June 2017 (PDF 311KB) - help and support for families when relationships break down
- All About Finding Work, June 2017 (PDF 255 KB) - find out how to look for work from writing a CV to attending an interview
- Help and Advice for prisoners and their families Factsheet June 2017 (PDF 216 KB) - information and advice if you have a family member in prison
- Family Finance Factsheet July 2017 (PDF 409 KB) - find out about the financial help that’s available for your family
- Two year olds Factsheet August 2017 (PDF 415 KB) - information for eligible parents about the free childcare for two year olds
- Free Early Learning Factsheet July 2017 (PDF 229KB) - find out about the free universal entitlement for all 3 and 4 year olds
- 30 hours free childcare Factsheet August 2017 (PDF 374 KB) - find out about the extended entitlement for eligible 3 and 4 year olds
- Tax Free Childcare Factsheet July 2017 (PDF 272 KB) - information on the new tax-free childcare scheme for working parents
How to get in touch
You can contact us online or phone 01273 293545 to speak to a Family Information Service adviser.
If you have concerns about a child being at risk of harm, you should contact the council’s Front Door For Families on 01273 290400.