Family Information Service (FIS)
The Family Information Service (FIS) offers a wide range of information and advice for families that includes
- Local childcare options and the different types of help available towards childcare costs
- Free childcare for two, three and four year olds
- Local services that can help your family, such as groups that offer support and advice agencies
Family Services Directory
Our online directory contains a wide range of local services that can support your family, as well as listing all Ofsted registered childcare providers in Brighton & Hove.
Family Information Service factsheets
- New to Brighton & Hove (PDF 356KB) - how and where to find help for your family in the city
- Family breakdown - draft version (PDF 307KB) - help and support for families when relationships break down
- All about finding work (PDF 278KB) - find out how to look for work from writing a CV to attending an interview
- Families of prisoners - draft version (PDF 219KB) - information and advice if you have a family member in prison
- Family finance (PDF 376KB) - find out about the financial help that’s available for your family
How to get in touch
You can contact us online or phone 01273 293545 to speak to a Family Information Service adviser.
If you have concerns about a child being at risk of harm, you should contact the council’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (children’s social services) on 01273 290400.