Working with the Early Years Foundation Stage
The council's early years team can offer support, guidance and resources for working with children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Find out more about how we can support you:
- Administering the Early Years Free Entitlement
- Information about offering free places for funded two year olds and what you need to do to become part of the scheme.
- Improve quality with our quality assurance scheme QuILT
- Help with running your business
- Healthy choice award and nutrition guidance
- Come along to our Neighbourhood Network meetings
The EYFS is the statutory framework that sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
The EYFS guidance is available on the Department for Education website.
You can find relevant supporting documents such as Development Matters and the Progress Check for 2 year olds on the Foundation Years website.
CEYC has produced a template for the EYFS Progress Check at Age Two [Word 858KB], which providers can download and amend for use in their setting.
Ofsted are releasing lots of new documents and guidance to support early years and childcare providers at the moment. It's worth signing up for their weekly updates to make sure you receive all the latest information. You can do that by visiting the Ofsted website and completing the weekly update form.
If you would like any further information or support contact our early years team on (01273) 296108 or email@example.com
- Foundation Years
- Early Years Foundation Stage Forum
- Department for Education
- Brighton and Hove Local Safeguarding Children Board
Back to Early years and childcare