At Home Childcare Service
To become an At Home Childcarer:
- You must have a childcare qualification at Level 2 or equivalent, or a qualification in a related field such as nursing, teaching or youth work
- Applicants without a suitable qualification must demonstrate that they have extensive experience in childcare
- You must have at least one weekday availability for work
- You must be a resident of Brighton & Hove
Benefits of becoming an At Home Childcarer:
- Working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Competitive and flexible rates of pay
- FREE training and support, including Ofsted registration, Child Protection and Lone Working training
- Access to many job opportunities, including bank work in Children's Centre crèches and nurseries
Quotes from At Home Childcarers:
"I am really enjoying the flexible nature of my employment and the time I get to spend looking after children, and the families I work for seem to appreciate this too."
"With days spent at the park and beach with the babies in my charge I think I must have the best job in the world!"
To find out more about becoming an At Home Childcarer:
Read our At Home Childcare Service Recruitment Information Pack [PDF 150kb]. You can also come along to one of our free information sessions. The session will give you an opportunity to:
- Decide if working as an At Home Childcarer is for you
- Find out the different sorts of work you can do
- Discuss values and issues in At Home Childcare work
- Learn about relevant legislation
- Find out about other local training opportunities
- Discuss your own needs and interests
Next information session:
Please contact the service co-ordinator on 01273 293545 to book a place on one of our next information sessions:
To register your interest in attending an information session, or to apply to become an At Home Childcarer, please complete the online form: Apply to Join the At Home Childcare Service.
If you have any questions, please contact the At Home Childcare Service Co-ordinator using the contact details below.
If you are a parent looking for childcare, visit our Family Service Directory for details of all childcare options in the city including At Home Childcarers. You can also find more information about using an At Home Childcarer on our looking for childcare page.
|Need extra help? Contact us:|
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Sign up to our Family Information News email to be kept up to date with useful information for families.
We produce a quarterly statistical report summarising the contacts to our service:
Follow us on Twitter
Ask us questions, get updates, advice and more!
Did you know...
...that the Family Information Service also offer information and advice about:
|AHCS recruitment pack, June 2013.pdf||149.86 KB|