Make a complaint about a licensed premises
If you have concerns about a licensed premises
- Noise issues should be reported to the councils Environmental Protection Team on 01273 294490
- Licensing issues should be reported to the Licensing Team on 01273 294429 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crime or Anti-Social Behaivour should be reported to the Police by calling 999 if it is an emergency. If it is not an emergency report it to your local police station call 101
If there is an application for a licensed premises
If you have a concern about an application, under the Licensing Act 2003, any person or business to make a representation to the premises licence application or club premises certificate application.
You can make representations or comments to the council about applications for
- new licences
- changes to licences (variations)
- reviews of licences
Comments may be positive or negative, but will only be considered relevant by the council if they relate clearly to the licensing objectives:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
To make a representation you will need to write to the licensing team advising of your full name and address and the premises name and address and your concerns or support in regards to one or more of the licensing objectives.
You will need to do this within the 28 day public consultation period. Please look at the licensing public register for more details.
We will reject comments considered to be frivolous (not serious or time-wasting) or if they relate to personal disputes between businesses.
Asking us to review a licence
You can call for an existing licence to be reviewed if you have concerns about the licensing objectives above.
For all complaints and enforcement action the councils licensing team follow the enforcement policy (PDF 97KB).
You need to apply to the licensing team for a review.
You will need to show evidence that the premises is not promoting one or more of the licensing objectives. Check the statement of licensing policy (PDF 1.31MB) for more information
You can call a review by sending us and various organisations a copy of this form
All applications for a review must be copied to all the following people and organisations