Your 2017/18 Business Rates bill
Business Rates bills were printed before the Government announced changes to Business Rates on 8 March.
If the changes affect your business we will send you a revised bill as soon as possible. We're waiting for full details of the new regulations and updates to our billing software.
In the meantime, please either make payments as requested on your existing bill or contact the Business Rates team to discuss whether an alternative payment arrangement can be made.
- Pay your bill online
- Setting up a direct debit
- Other ways to pay your bill and what to do if you are having trouble paying
- Your Business Rates bill explained (PDF 165KB)
- Check your estimated bill
- Re-valuation 2017
Business Rate bills for 2017/18 were sent out on 13 March 2017.
About changes to Business Rates
Business Rates are set by national Government.
Our Business Rates bills were printed before the Government announced changes to Business Rates on 8 March.
New support available for your business:
- No business losing small business rate relief will see their bill increase by more than £600 in 2017/2018. The following year 2018/2019 their bill will not increase by more than £1200 and in 2019/2010 their bill will not increase by more than £1800.
- Pubs with rateable value of less than £100,000 will get a £1,000 discount.
- A new discretionary fund to allow councils to support local businesses affected by the re-valuation. Once the Government consultation process ends we will be able to confirm our share of the funding and begin to design our scheme.
Small Business Rate Relief
Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR) thresholds are increasing from 1 April 2017 to benefit a greater number of businesses.
- Find out if you qualify with your new Rateable Value
- If you wish to apply for small business rate relief, please fill in our online SBRR form.
- Information about Business Rates relief and reductions - includes information about Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR) and Empty Rates
- Find your property or a non domestic property's rateable value
Tell us about a change
Information on business rates
- What are business rates and what are they used for;
- Business rates information for Brighton & Hove
- Completion Notices
- Common questions on business rates
- Find my property or a non domestic property rateable value
- Business rates Freedom Of Information requests - Credits
- Other services
- Your business rates bill explained